- sing in tune
- sing from music notation without needing an instrument to help
- co-ordinate your mind and body to explore beat and rhythm
- develop your inner hearing in order to succeed in a choir or ensemble
- understand the building blocks of melody and harmony
- a life-long obsession with solfa
- having lots of fun
- total beginners
- musicians who are new to solfa and Kodály musicianship
- teachers who would like more confidence teaching music
The class follows the British Kodály Academy musicianship syllabus. Over the course of the 6 weeks we will cover Level 1.
What do people say about Helen’s classes?
“Helen, your classes are a joy. I come away with the very best of ear worms, things to practice, things to consolidate and things to learn. Love it.“
“Fun and inspiring! Quite apart from the brilliant musical presentation, Helen is such a whizz with the graphics!”
“May I thank you and applaud you for your great teaching. I am particularly grateful for your sensitivity with me given my tentative hold on some of the material. I really enjoyed it all.”
Already have solfa experience? – you might be interested in Musicianship for Improvers