FOUR MUSICAL MUST-HAVES, FREE
Teachers confide that they feel ill-equipped to teach music to their Primary school classes.
If this sounds like you, I’m here to help.
Grab my FREE Musical Must-Haves for Ages 4 to 7 and start your journey to engaging, effective and stress-free music lessons, without becoming overwhelmed by planning!
I’ll also give you access to my FREE Kodály Treasure Chest, including
If you’re a music teacher wanting to use the Kodály approach in your teaching, then take my latest mini-course on the benefits of singing games.
- Videos, with transcripts, describing each benefit
- My favourite songs and games to achieve them
- Recommended books for more games
- Links to books, papers and articles for further reading
- Perfect for increasing your understanding and for explaining your approach to parents and senior leaders.
If you’re a piano teacher wanting to use the Kodály approach in your teaching, then watch this great video guide to using solfa in your piano lessons.
- How I map the concept of pitch to the piano keys
- My first activities to notate pitch
- How to transpose from the start
- How I introduce stave notation
- Understanding the clef-less stave
- How solfa syllables relate to the keys
Discover my favourite beginner rhythms and some of the songs in which they are found. Plus a quick overview of Kodály rhythm names.
The four essential musical skills that teachers should be focussing on with their beginner music classes.
The results of the First Thing Music trial have now been published. Join Helen and Lindsay as they discuss its findings.
Some people have only ever seen Kodály music teachers playing around with lycra sheets and puppets, singing nursery rhymes. But following its framework takes you from those basic fundamentals of music all the way to university level and beyond.
Hi, I'm Helen!
Hi, I’m Helen Russell and I’m obsessed with helping you create the most effective and fun Kodály-inspired lessons for your students, so your time and energy can be spent creating lightbulb moments and your students will feel confident and successful.
Whether you’re a Kodály beginner or a committed Kodály geek, my resources and courses will help you take your next steps to teaching musical literacy and piano through singing and play.