Solfa from Scratch is a six week class with Helen Russell combining pre-recorded classes with live support. Helen will get your heart singing and your brain pumping while you work your way through the six week course. The lessons are released weekly, helping you schedule your time and allow the concepts to be absorbed and practised before the next lesson. Then Helen is on hand with email support to answer your questions.
- sing in tune
- sing from music notation without needing an instrument to help
- co-ordinate your mind and body to explore beat and rhythm
- develop your inner hearing in order to succeed in a choir or ensemble
- understand the building blocks of melody and harmony
Side effects include
- a life-long obsession with solfa
- having lots of fun
This class is suitable for
- total beginners
- musicians who are new to solfa and Kodály musicianship
- teachers who would like more confidence teaching music
The class follows the British Kodály Academy musicianship syllabus. Over the course of the 6 weeks we will cover Level 1.
Already have solfa experience? – you might be interested in Musicianship for Improvers