Learn the basics of Kodály musicianship to get your heart singing and your brain pumping.
- sing in tune
- sing from music notation without needing an instrument to help
- co-ordinate your mind and body to explore beat and rhythm
- improve your skills for teaching music
- develop your inner hearing in order to succeed in a choir or ensemble
- understand the building blocks of melody and harmony
Side effects include
- a life-long obsession with solfa
- having lots of fun
This class is suitable for
- total beginners
- musicians who are new to solfa and Kodály musicianship
- teachers who would like more confidence teaching music
The class follows the British Kodály Academy musicianship syllabus. Over the course of the 6 lessons we will cover Level 1.
Already have solfa experience? – you might be interested in Musicianship for Improvers